- Sumatran Tigers have webbed feet. This allows the tiger to swim easily, and they will often cross more than one river to find food!
- Short-Clawed Otters can close their nostrils and ears to keep water from getting in when they are swimming.
- During any given day, a family of Siamang can travel up to a mile (1.6 km) on their search for food.
- Many of the stories of mythological dragons may have come from the Komodo Dragon? Their yellow tongues and foul breath gave the impression that they could breathe fire and could be the inspiration for our own stories of fire-breathing dragons.
- Sumatran Rhinoceroses can consume up to 110 pounds (50 kg) of food every day.
After reading these facts, here are some questions to ask yourselves...
- Did you consider how special animals are after reading these facts?
- Did you notice how animals have impact our lives?